Socium Fund Services is a progressive and entrepreneurial firm looking for experienced professionals who are collaborative and passionate about delivering exemplary client service.
Sound like you? We should talk.
- Managing internal workflows and client deadlines.
- Building client relationships & liaising with client personnel on a daily basis.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with all client contacts including investment professionals, investors, auditors, and banking personnel.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial work paper packages, including portfolio investment schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations.
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes for publication.
- Middle office responsibilities include capital call notice generation and processing, partner distributions, paying fund expenses and wire processing, and complex calculations of management and performance fees, including cash distribution waterfalls (e.g., carried interest and real estate JVs).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 0 to 2 years, preferred
- Self-motivated, confident, patient and a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with unsurpassed attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a startup environment with an entrepreneurial spirit, as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative and perform well under pressure.
- Desire to learn, grow and roll up your sleeves to build a business, while simultaneously handling multiple assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related Business degree with a minor/concentration in Accounting
- Introduction to financial products including, but not limited to, public and private equity, fixed income, venture capital, and real estate, a major plus
- We offer a market competitive base salary with eligibility for a year end performance bonus.
- Please note, that Socium is a dynamic, fast growing, flat organization that offers a friendly and flexible cloud-based work environment that is looking to build for the future.
- Initially, there will be a mix of in-office training and then work from home.
No relocation will be offered with this position.