Last Updated September 2016
The Information We Collect
In the course of operating the Site, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Personal Information
2. Other Information.
In addition to Personal Information, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey or questionnaire), such as company name, job title, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
b. From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Site, including, without limitation:
IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Site you visit; and similar data; and
c. From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a Site stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Site. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site may not function properly.
d. Third-Party Analytics
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Companies
How We Use and Share the Information
You authorize us to use Personal Information and Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) in connection with our services; to maintain and improve our Site and services; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our services.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our visitors and our Site, we may analyze Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- With your consent, we may post your testimonial about the Site or our services along with your name. If you want your name and/or your testimonial removed after you’ve granted us such permission, please contact us as set forth below.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Socium or others.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and only users 18 and above may use the Site. Socium adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors (under the age of 13) not use the Site. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records.
Socium does not monitor, recognize, or honor any behavioral advertising opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals. For instructions on how to opt out of third-party interest-based advertising, please see “How to Opt Out of Third-Party Interest-Based Advertising” above.
How to Contact Us
Copyright 2016 Socium LLC. All rights reserved.
Contact us to explore how partnering with Socium can benefit your firm. Our unique combination of experience and technology affords clients with the best solutions for their fund administration needs.